Yellowsands Beach Spot ID
Photo credit: Bruce
Best: Swell SSE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.6 °C
Yellowsands Beach in East London is an exposed river break that has dependable surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the west. Surfable in an onshore breeze Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south southeast. Waves at the river are both lefts and rights. Best around mid tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of and rips.
Overall Yellowsands Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Yellowsands Beach over a norm... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Yellowsands Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Eastern Cape - Wild Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Yellowsands Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Yellowsands Beach is East London Airport (ELS) in South Africa, 34 km (21 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Yellowsands Beach is Bisho Airport (VIY), also in South Africa, 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Third is Umtata Airport (UTT) in South Africa, 154 km (96 miles) away.
- Queenstown Airport (UTW) in South Africa is 156 km (97 miles) away.
- Port Elizabeth Airport (PLZ), also in South Africa is the fifth nearest airport to Yellowsands Beach and is 264 km (164 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Yellowsands Beach, Eastern Cape - Wild Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Yellowsands Beach sea temperature, Yellowsands Beach photographs, Yellowsands Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Yellowsands Beach webcams, current wind from Eastern Cape - Wild Coast live weather stations and Yellowsands Beach tide predictions. The South Africa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Africa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Africa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Yellowsands Beach.