Woolacombe Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(North Devon, UK)
Woolacombe Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 8.9 °C
Woolacombe in North Devon is a quite exposed beach and reef break that has pretty consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the east. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the west northwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights and there is a right hand reef break as well.. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Overcrowding can even make surfing hazardous.
For Ilfracombe, England, 8 km from Woolacombe.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Bideford, 17 km from Woolacombe.
At Pembroke Buoy, 48 miles from Woolacombe.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||10||11||9||8|
Overall Woolacombe Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Woolacombe over a normal April... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Woolacombe surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Devon (North) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Woolacombe
Visitor Reviews of Woolacombe
Tide stations nearest to Woolacombe:
- Closest tide stationIlfracombe5 mi
- Second closest tide stationBraunton6 mi
- Third closest tide stationBideford11 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBude28 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMumbles29 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Woolacombe:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)204 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)238 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)257 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)258 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)258 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Woolacombe:
- Closest city locationBarnstaple (United Kingdom)9 mi
- Second closest city locationSwansea (United Kingdom)34 mi
- Third closest city locationLlanelli (United Kingdom)35 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBriton Ferry (United Kingdom)36 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCoity (United Kingdom)37 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Woolacombe is Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales, 49 km (30 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Woolacombe is Cardiff Airport (CWL), also in Wales, 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Third is Exeter Airport (EXT) in England, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Plymouth Airport (PLH) in England is 84 km (52 miles) away.
- St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY), also in England is the fifth nearest airport to Woolacombe and is 99 km (61 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Woolacombe, Devon (North). Use the tab navigation above to view Woolacombe sea temperature, Woolacombe photographs, Woolacombe detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Woolacombe webcams, current wind from Devon (North) live weather stations and Woolacombe tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Woolacombe.