Wonthaggi Spot ID
Photo credit: George
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.1 °C
Wonthaggi on the East Coast is a fairly exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf with no particular seasonal pattern. The best wind direction is from the east northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
Overall Wonthaggi Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Wonthaggi over a normal Ju... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Wonthaggi surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Wonthaggi
Tide stations nearest to Wonthaggi:
- Closest tide stationPhillip Island17 mi
- Second closest tide stationStony Point22 mi
- Third closest tide stationWesternport22 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHastings27 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWaratah Bay32 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Wonthaggi:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang61 mi
- Second closest ski areaMount Baw Baw66 mi
- Third closest ski areaMt St Gwinear68 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLake Mountain78 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller112 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Wonthaggi:
- Closest city locationCranbourne36 mi
- Second closest city locationFrankston East37 mi
- Third closest city locationGeelong65 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMelbourne65 mi
- Fifth closest city locationHoppers Crossing66 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Wonthaggi is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW) in Australia, 77 km (48 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Wonthaggi is Avalon Airport (AVV), also in Australia, 110 km (68 miles) away.
- Third is Melbourne Essendon Airport (MEB) in Australia, 110 km (68 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MEL) in Australia is 117 km (73 miles) away.
- Albury Airport (ABX), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Wonthaggi and is 308 km (191 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Wonthaggi, VIC - East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Wonthaggi sea temperature, Wonthaggi photographs, Wonthaggi detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Wonthaggi webcams, current wind from VIC - East Coast live weather stations and Wonthaggi tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Wonthaggi.