Wisemans Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.1 °C
Wisemans on the East Coast is an exposed reef/jetty break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter and spring are the optimum times of year to visit. Works best in offshore winds from the south. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the north. A left hand reef break. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Watch out for rips and rocks.
Overall Wisemans Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram describes the variation of swells directed at Wisemans through an aver... (show all text)
This picture shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Wisemans surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Scot - East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Wisemans
Tide stations nearest to Wisemans:
- Closest tide stationFraserburgh2 mi
- Second closest tide stationPeterhead17 mi
- Third closest tide stationBuckie33 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAberdeen39 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPortlethen45 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Wisemans:
- Closest ski areaThe Lecht56 mi
- Second closest ski areaCairngorm71 mi
- Third closest ski areaGlenshee80 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaNevis Range124 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGlencoe Mountain Resort127 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Wisemans:
- Closest city locationAberdeen37 mi
- Second closest city locationInverness83 mi
- Third closest city locationDundee92 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPerth104 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGlenrothes112 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Wisemans is Dyce (Aberdeen) Airport (ABZ) in U.k, 56 km (35 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Wisemans is Lossiemouth Airport (LMO), also in U.k, 76 km (47 miles) away.
- Third is Wick Airport (WIC) in U.k., 104 km (65 miles) away.
- Inverness Airport (INV) in U.k is 120 km (75 miles) away.
- Kirkwall Airport (KOI) in Scotland is the fifth nearest airport to Wisemans and is 148 km (92 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Wisemans, Scot - East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Wisemans sea temperature, Wisemans photographs, Wisemans detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Wisemans webcams, current wind from Scot - East Coast live weather stations and Wisemans tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Wisemans.