Wilson Creek Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell WSW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.2 °C
Wilson Creek in Del Norte County is an exposed beach and reef break that has inconsistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves and in addition, both left and right reef breaks add variety.. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Watch out for sharks ,rocks and rips.
For Klamath Rivermouth, 7 km from Wilson Creek.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-CECC1, 17 km from Wilson Creek.
|light winds from the SW|
At St Georges Buoy, 22 miles from Wilson Creek.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||7||8||8||8|
Overall Wilson Creek Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart shows the variation of swells directed at Wilson Creek through an average Ju... (show all text)
This image illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Wilson Creek surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Del Norte County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Wilson Creek
Tide stations nearest to Wilson Creek:
- Closest tide stationCrescent City11 mi
- Second closest tide stationBrookings, Chetco Cove32 mi
- Third closest tide stationTrinidad Harbor38 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMcKinleyville45 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMad River Slough, Arcata Bay, Humboldt Bay51 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Wilson Creek:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland80 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta101 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area173 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaWillamette Pass173 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCoppervale197 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Wilson Creek:
- Closest city locationEureka57 mi
- Second closest city locationGrants Pass70 mi
- Third closest city locationMedford80 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRedding114 mi
- Fifth closest city locationChico176 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Wilson Creek is Chico Muni Airport (CIC) in USA, which is 276 km (171 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Wilson Creek is Beale Afb (Marysville) Airport (BAB), also in USA, 356 km (221 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Wilson Creek, CAL - Del Norte County. Use the tab navigation above to view Wilson Creek sea temperature, Wilson Creek photographs, Wilson Creek detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Wilson Creek webcams, current wind from CAL - Del Norte County live weather stations and Wilson Creek tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Wilson Creek.