Wilson Creek Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell WSW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.2 °C
Wilson Creek in Del Norte County is an exposed beach and reef break that has inconsistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves and in addition, both left and right reef breaks add variety.. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Watch out for sharks ,rocks and rips.
Overall Wilson Creek Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the combination of swells directed at Wilson Creek through a typi... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Wilson Creek surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Del Norte County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Wilson Creek
Visitor Reviews of Wilson Creek
Tide stations nearest to Wilson Creek:
- Closest tide stationCrescent City11 mi
- Second closest tide stationBrookings, Chetco Cove32 mi
- Third closest tide stationTrinidad Harbor38 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMcKinleyville45 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMad River Slough, Arcata Bay, Humboldt Bay51 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Wilson Creek:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)80 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)101 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)173 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaWillamette Pass (United States)173 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCoppervale (United States)197 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Wilson Creek:
- Closest city locationEureka (United States)57 mi
- Second closest city locationGrants Pass (United States)70 mi
- Third closest city locationMedford (United States)80 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRedding (United States)114 mi
- Fifth closest city locationChico (United States)176 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Wilson Creek is Chico Muni Airport (CIC) in USA, which is 276 km (171 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Wilson Creek is Beale Afb (Marysville) Airport (BAB), also in USA, 356 km (221 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Wilson Creek, CAL - Del Norte County. Use the tab navigation above to view Wilson Creek sea temperature, Wilson Creek photographs, Wilson Creek detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Wilson Creek webcams, current wind from CAL - Del Norte County live weather stations and Wilson Creek tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Wilson Creek.