Whiting Gun Club Spot ID
Photo credit: Dugan
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: -1.8 °C
Whiting Gun Club in Lake Michiganis a point break that has fairly consistent surf. The surf tends to be best in the spring. The best wind direction is from the southwest. Short period wind swells are the rule and the ideal wave direction is from the north northeast. Rarely crowded here. Hazards include .
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Michigan surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Whiting Gun Club
- The closest passenger airport to Whiting Gun Club is Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) in USA, 25 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Whiting Gun Club is Chicago Ohare International Airport (ORD), also in USA, 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Third is Du Page (West Chicago) Airport (DPA) in USA, 68 km (42 miles) away.
- Greater Kankakee Airport (IKK) in USA is 74 km (46 miles) away.
- Waukegan Rgnl (Chicago) Airport (UGN), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Whiting Gun Club and is 88 km (55 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Whiting Gun Club, Lake Michigan. Use the tab navigation above to view Whiting Gun Club sea temperature, Whiting Gun Club photographs, Whiting Gun Club detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Whiting Gun Club webcams, current wind from Lake Michigan live weather stations and Whiting Gun Club tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Whiting Gun Club.