Whaler Island Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.2 °C
Whaler Island in Del Norte County is a sheltered reef break that has inconsistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the northwest. A right hand reef break. Best around low tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Watch out for sharks and rocks.
At Crescent City, California (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-CECC1, 1 km from Whaler Island.
At St Georges Buoy, 12 miles from Whaler Island.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||7||8||7||7|
Overall Whaler Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Whaler Island over a normal J... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Whaler Island surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Del Norte County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Whaler Island
Tide stations nearest to Whaler Island:
- Closest tide stationCrescent City0 mi
- Second closest tide stationBrookings, Chetco Cove22 mi
- Third closest tide stationTrinidad Harbor48 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWedderburn, Rogue River49 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMcKinleyville55 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Whaler Island:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland80 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta107 mi
- Third closest ski areaWillamette Pass168 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area181 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Bachelor200 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Whaler Island:
- Closest city locationGrants Pass65 mi
- Second closest city locationEureka66 mi
- Third closest city locationMedford78 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRedding123 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEugene169 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Whaler Island is Chico Muni Airport (CIC) in USA, which is 292 km (181 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Whaler Island is Beale Afb (Marysville) Airport (BAB), also in USA, 372 km (231 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Whaler Island, CAL - Del Norte County. Use the tab navigation above to view Whaler Island sea temperature, Whaler Island photographs, Whaler Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Whaler Island webcams, current wind from CAL - Del Norte County live weather stations and Whaler Island tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Whaler Island.