Westport-The Groins Spot ID
Photo credit: Brent simmons
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.1 °C
Westport-The Groins in Washington is a sheltered beach/Jetty break that has reasonably consistent surf. Spring and Summer provide the favoured conditions. Works best in offshore winds from the south. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west southwest. The beach break offers mainly left hand waves. Best around low tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of rips and pollution.
For Westport, Point Chehalis, Grays Harbor, Washington, 1 km from Westport-The Groins.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-WPTW1, 2 km from Westport-The Groins.
|moderate winds from the NW|
At Cape Elizabeth, 42 miles from Westport-The Groins.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||12||8||11||7|
Overall Westport-The Groins Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure describes the combination of swells directed at Westport-The Groins through ... (show all text)
This chart shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Westport-The Groins surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Washington surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Westport-The Groins
Tide stations nearest to Westport-The Groins:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station2 mi
- Third closest tide station4 mi
- Fourth closest tide station5 mi
- Fifth closest tide station9 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Westport-The Groins is Gray Aaf (Fort Lewis) Airport (GRF) in USA, 117 km (73 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Westport-The Groins is Mc Chord Afb (Tacoma) Airport (TCM), also in USA, 126 km (78 miles) away.
- Third is Port Angeles Cgas Airport (NOW) in USA, 146 km (91 miles) away.
- Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA) in USA is 148 km (92 miles) away.
- Boeing Fld King Co International (Seattle) Airport (BFI), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Westport-The Groins and is 153 km (95 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Westport-The Groins, Washington. Use the tab navigation above to view Westport-The Groins sea temperature, Westport-The Groins photographs, Westport-The Groins detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Westport-The Groins webcams, current wind from Washington live weather stations and Westport-The Groins tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Westport-The Groins.