Wells Jetties Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell E | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 9.3 °C
Wells Jetties in Maine is an exposed beach/Jetty break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the northwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the east. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around low tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Beware of rips, rocks and pollution.
At Wells, Webhannet River, Maine (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-WELM1, 0 km from Wells Jetties.
At Western Maine Shelf Buoy, 12 miles from Wells Jetties.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||11||11||8||8|
Overall Wells Jetties Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This image describes the variation of swells directed at Wells Jetties through a typica... (show all text)
The graph shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Wells Jetties surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Maine surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Wells Jetties
- The closest passenger airport to Wells Jetties is Portland International Jetport Airport (PWM) in USA, 42 km (26 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Wells Jetties is Laurence G Hanscom Fld (Bedford) Airport (BED), also in USA, 111 km (69 miles) away.
- Third is General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA, 112 km (70 miles) away.
- Augusta State Airport (AUG) in USA is 127 km (79 miles) away.
- North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Wells Jetties and is 173 km (107 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Wells Jetties, Maine. Use the tab navigation above to view Wells Jetties sea temperature, Wells Jetties photographs, Wells Jetties detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Wells Jetties webcams, current wind from Maine live weather stations and Wells Jetties tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Wells Jetties.