Wedge Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell ESE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 5.0 °C
Wedge in Marylandis a beach and reef break that has unreliable waves with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds blow from the west northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the east southeast. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Hazards include urchins, rips and sharks.
Overall Wedge Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The graph shows the range of swells directed at Wedge through a typical February and is... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Wedge surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Maryland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Wedge
- The closest passenger airport to Wedge is Salisbury Ocean City Wicomico Rgnl Airport (SBY) in USA, 36 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Wedge is Wallops Flight Facility Airport (WAL), also in USA, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Third is Cape May Co (Wildwood) Airport (WWD) in USA, 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Dover Afb Airport (DOV) in USA is 96 km (60 miles) away.
- Patuxent River Nas Airport (NHK), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Wedge and is 115 km (71 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Wedge, Maryland. Use the tab navigation above to view Wedge sea temperature, Wedge photographs, Wedge detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Wedge webcams, current wind from Maryland live weather stations and Wedge tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Wedge.