Watamu Bay Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell ESE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.1 °C
Watamu Bay in Kenya is an exposed reef break. Offshore winds blow from the northwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the east southeast. A remote wave spot that never gets crowded. Take care of - Urchins - Rocks.
Overall Watamu Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure shows the variation of swells directed at Watamu Bay through an average June... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Watamu Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Kenya surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Watamu Bay
Tide stations nearest to Watamu Bay:
- Closest tide stationMalindi11 mi
- Second closest tide stationKilifi23 mi
- Third closest tide stationTakaungu26 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKilindini Harbour57 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationGazi82 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Watamu Bay:
- Closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)1911 mi
- Second closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)2047 mi
- Third closest ski areaMatroosberg (South Africa)2457 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSepidan Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))2457 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPooladkaf Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))2460 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Watamu Bay:
- Closest city locationMalindi11 mi
- Second closest city locationKilifi23 mi
- Third closest city locationMombasa53 mi
- Fourth closest city locationVoi101 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWete (Tanzania)121 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Watamu Bay is Malindi Airport (MYD) in Kenya, which is 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Watamu Bay is Moi International (Mombasa) Airport (MBA), also in Kenya, 90 km (56 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Lamu Manda Airport (LAU), also in Kenya, 157 km (98 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Watamu Bay, Kenya. Use the tab navigation above to view Watamu Bay sea temperature, Watamu Bay photographs, Watamu Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Watamu Bay webcams, current wind from Kenya live weather stations and Watamu Bay tide predictions. The Kenya swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Kenya and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Kenya wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Watamu Bay.