Walcott Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(East Anglia, UK)
Walcott Spot ID
Best: Swell N | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.2 °C
Walcott in East Anglia is a reasonably exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the southwest. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the optimum wave angle is from the north. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around low tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Take care not to hit one of the groynes.
Overall Walcott Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Walcott over a normal May ... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Walcott surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to East Anglia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Walcott
Visitor Reviews of Walcott
Tide stations nearest to Walcott:
- Closest tide stationHemsby9 mi
- Second closest tide stationGreat Yarmouth14 mi
- Third closest tide stationCromer15 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSheringham18 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLowestoft24 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Walcott:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)159 mi
- Second closest ski areaCastleside (United Kingdom)199 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)200 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)206 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAllenheads (United Kingdom)208 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Walcott:
- Closest city locationGreat Yarmouth (United Kingdom)14 mi
- Second closest city locationNorwich (United Kingdom)17 mi
- Third closest city locationLowestoft (United Kingdom)24 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKings Lynn (United Kingdom)50 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBury St Edmunds (United Kingdom)53 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Walcott is Coltishall Airport (CLF) in England, 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Walcott is Norwich Airport (NWI), also in England, 25 km (16 miles) away.
- Third is Marham Airport (KNF) in U.k., 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Honington Airport (BEQ) in England is 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Mildenhall Airport (MHZ), also in England is the fifth nearest airport to Walcott and is 89 km (55 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Walcott, East Anglia. Use the tab navigation above to view Walcott sea temperature, Walcott photographs, Walcott detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Walcott webcams, current wind from East Anglia live weather stations and Walcott tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Walcott.