Waimarama Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell E | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.7 °C
Waimarama in Hawkes Bay is a reasonably exposed beach and reef break that usually has waves and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the southwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. The beach break provides left and right handers and there are also left and right hand reef breaks on offer.. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Waimarama Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart describes the variation of swells directed at Waimarama over a normal May, b... (show all text)
This image shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Waimarama surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Hawkes Bay surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Waimarama
- The closest passenger airport to Waimarama is Palmerston North Airport (PMR) in New Zealand, 130 km (81 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Waimarama is Taupo Airport (TUO), also in New Zealand, 144 km (89 miles) away.
- Third is Gisborne Airport (GIS) in New Zealand, 154 km (96 miles) away.
- Wanganui Airport (WAG) in New Zealand is 169 km (105 miles) away.
- Masterton Airport (MRO), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Waimarama and is 172 km (107 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Waimarama, Hawkes Bay. Use the tab navigation above to view Waimarama sea temperature, Waimarama photographs, Waimarama detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Waimarama webcams, current wind from Hawkes Bay live weather stations and Waimarama tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Waimarama.