Waimanalo Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.1 °C
Waimanalo in Oahu is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the southwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Beware of jellyfsih and rocks.
Overall Waimanalo Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at Waimanalo over a norma... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Waimanalo surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Waimanalo
Tide stations nearest to Waimanalo:
- Closest tide stationWaimanalo, Oahu Island1 mi
- Second closest tide stationHanauma Bay, Oahu Island4 mi
- Third closest tide stationKailua4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMokuoloe, Kaneohe Bay, Oahu Island9 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHonolulu, Oahu (Hawaii)11 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Waimanalo:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)2483 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)2489 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)2503 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)2525 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRoyal Gorge (United States)2525 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Waimanalo:
- Closest city locationKailua (United States)4 mi
- Second closest city locationKane'ohe (United States)8 mi
- Third closest city locationHonolulu (United States)9 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPearl City (United States)18 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWaipahu (United States)20 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Waimanalo is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF) in Usa Oahu Isl., 13 km (8 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Waimanalo is Honolulu International Airport (HNL), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 23 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 59 km (37 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 66 km (41 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Waimanalo and is 100 km (62 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Waimanalo, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Waimanalo sea temperature, Waimanalo photographs, Waimanalo detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Waimanalo webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Waimanalo tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Waimanalo.