Waikiki Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Waikiki Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.0 °C
Waikiki in Lima is a fairly exposed reef break that has reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. A choice of left and right reefs. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Beware of rocks and pollution.
Overall Waikiki Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Waikiki through a typical May an... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Waikiki surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lima surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Waikiki
Visitor Reviews of Waikiki
Tide stations nearest to Waikiki:
- Closest tide stationLima1 mi
- Second closest tide stationCallao9 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Bartolo25 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationChilca35 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationChancay41 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Waikiki:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)211 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)669 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Arpa (Chile)1480 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)1498 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)1500 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Waikiki:
- Closest city locationLima (Peru)1 mi
- Second closest city locationCallao (Peru)6 mi
- Third closest city locationChosica (Peru)26 mi
- Fourth closest city locationChancay (Peru)41 mi
- Fifth closest city locationHuaral (Peru)44 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Waikiki is Jorge Chavez International (Lima) Airport (LIM) in Peru, which is 13 km (8 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Waikiki is Pisco Airport (PIO), also in Peru, 202 km (125 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Waikiki, Lima. Use the tab navigation above to view Waikiki sea temperature, Waikiki photographs, Waikiki detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Waikiki webcams, current wind from Lima live weather stations and Waikiki tide predictions. The Peru swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Peru and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Peru wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Waikiki.