Virginia Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell ESE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.1 °C
Virginia Beach in Virginia is an exposed beach/Jetty break that usually has waves and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the west. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northeast. The beach break offers mainly right hand waves. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Hazards include rips and locals.
For Inside channel, Rudee Inlet, Virginia, 1 km from Virginia Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Oceana Naval Air Station Airport, 4 km from Virginia Beach.
|light winds from the WSW|
Overall Virginia Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture illustrates the variation of swells directed at Virginia Beach through a t... (show all text)
The figure describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Virginia Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Virginia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Virginia Beach
Tide stations nearest to Virginia Beach:
- Closest tide stationInside channel, Rudee Inlet1 mi
- Second closest tide stationLake Rudee, south end1 mi
- Third closest tide stationRudee Heights, Lake Wesley1 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationRudee Inlet entrance1 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationVirginia Beach1 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Virginia Beach:
- Closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)176 mi
- Second closest ski areaMassanutten (United States)190 mi
- Third closest ski areaBryce Resort (United States)204 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSki Liberty (United States)217 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaThe Homestead Ski Area (United States)227 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Virginia Beach:
- Closest city locationVirginia Beach (United States)2 mi
- Second closest city locationChesapeake (United States)17 mi
- Third closest city locationNorfolk (United States)17 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPortsmouth (United States)20 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPortsmouth Heights (United States)22 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Virginia Beach is Oceana Nas Airport (NTU) in USA, 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Virginia Beach is Norfolk International Airport (ORF), also in USA, 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Norfolk Ns Airport (NGU) in USA, 31 km (19 miles) away.
- Langley Afb (Hampton) Airport (LFI) in USA is 45 km (28 miles) away.
- Newport News Williamsburg International Airport (PHF), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Virginia Beach and is 58 km (36 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Virginia Beach, Virginia. Use the tab navigation above to view Virginia Beach sea temperature, Virginia Beach photographs, Virginia Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Virginia Beach webcams, current wind from Virginia live weather stations and Virginia Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Virginia Beach.