Vila Praia de Ancora Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.2 °C
Vila Praia de Ancora in North Portugal is an exposed river break that has reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell angle is from the west.. Best around low tide. Often Crowded. Beware of crowds / pollution.
Overall Vila Praia de Ancora Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This picture describes the combination of swells directed at Vila Praia de Ancora throu... (show all text)
The figure shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ov... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Vila Praia de Ancora surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Douro & Minho surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Vila Praia de Ancora
- The closest passenger airport to Vila Praia de Ancora is Vigo Airport (VGO) in Spain, 51 km (32 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Vila Praia de Ancora is Porto Airport (OPO) in Acores, 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Third is Vila Real Airport (VRL) in Acores, 113 km (70 miles) away.
- Santiago Airport (SCQ) in Spain is 126 km (78 miles) away.
- A Coruna (La Coruna) Airport (LCG), also in Spain is the fifth nearest airport to Vila Praia de Ancora and is 170 km (106 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Vila Praia de Ancora, Douro & Minho. Use the tab navigation above to view Vila Praia de Ancora sea temperature, Vila Praia de Ancora photographs, Vila Praia de Ancora detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Vila Praia de Ancora webcams, current wind from Douro & Minho live weather stations and Vila Praia de Ancora tide predictions. The Portugal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Portugal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Portugal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Vila Praia de Ancora.