Vik Spot ID
Photo credit: semi
Type: beach and point
Best: Swell ESE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.8 °C
Vik in Baltic is an exposed beach and point break that has inconsistent surf. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Offshore winds are from the west. Short period wind swells are the rule and the ideal wave direction is from the east southeast.. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Dangerous rips are a hazard of surfing here.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Baltic surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Vik
Tide stations nearest to Vik:
- Closest tide stationSimrishamn2 mi
- Second closest tide stationYstad22 mi
- Third closest tide stationAhus24 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSoelvesborg34 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationRonne37 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Vik:
- Closest ski areaVallasen72 mi
- Second closest ski areaUlricehamn155 mi
- Third closest ski areaMullsjo161 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaTolvmannabacken172 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSunne294 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Vik:
- Closest city locationKristianstad31 mi
- Second closest city locationLund45 mi
- Third closest city locationTrelleborg48 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMalmo52 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLandskrona62 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Vik is Kristianstad Airport (KID) in Sweden, 40 km (25 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Vik is Sturup (Malmoe) Airport (MMX), also in Sweden, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Third is Bornholm Ronne Airport (RNN) in Denmark, 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Ronneby Airport (RNB) in Sweden is 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Landskrona Airport (JLD), also in Sweden is the fifth nearest airport to Vik and is 100 km (62 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Vik, Baltic. Use the tab navigation above to view Vik sea temperature, Vik photographs, Vik detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Vik webcams, current wind from Baltic live weather stations and Vik tide predictions. The Sweden swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Sweden and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Sweden wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Vik.