Vetchs Reef Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.4 °C
Vetchs Reef in Durban is an exposed reef break Offshore winds are from the west. Windswells are much more common than groundswells and the best wave direction is from the northeast. There is a right breaking reef. Best around high tide when the tide is rising. Sometimes crowded. Beware of sharks ,rocks,stonefish.
Overall Vetchs Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This chart illustrates the combination of swells directed at Vetchs Reef through an ave... (show all text)
This image describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Vetchs Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Durban/KZN South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Vetchs Reef
- The closest passenger airport to Vetchs Reef is Virginia (Durban) Airport (VIR) in South Africa, 10 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Vetchs Reef is Durban International Airport (DUR), also in South Africa, 16 km (10 miles) away.
- Third is Pietermaritzburg Airport (PZB) in South Africa, 67 km (42 miles) away.
- Margate Airport (MGH) in South Africa is 130 km (81 miles) away.
- Richards Bay (Richard's Bay) Airport (RCB), also in South Africa is the fifth nearest airport to Vetchs Reef and is 160 km (99 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Vetchs Reef, Durban/KZN South. Use the tab navigation above to view Vetchs Reef sea temperature, Vetchs Reef photographs, Vetchs Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Vetchs Reef webcams, current wind from Durban/KZN South live weather stations and Vetchs Reef tide predictions. The South Africa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Africa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Africa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Vetchs Reef.