Varvara Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 3.5 °C
Varvara in Bulgaria - Black Sea is an exposed point break. The best wind direction is from the southwest. The optimum well angle is from the northeast. A reef breaks left. Surfable at all stages of the tide. Crowds are never a problem here. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Man-made danger (buoys etc.).
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Black Sea surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Varvara
- The closest passenger airport to Varvara is Burgas (Bourgas) Airport (BOJ) in Bulgaria, 60 km (37 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Varvara is Varna Airport (VAR), also in Bulgaria, 124 km (77 miles) away.
- Third is Ataturk (Istanbul) Airport (IST) in Turkey, 148 km (92 miles) away.
- Bandirma Airport (BDM) in Turkey is 200 km (124 miles) away.
- Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport (GOZ) in Bulgaria is the fifth nearest airport to Varvara and is 213 km (132 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Varvara, Black Sea. Use the tab navigation above to view Varvara sea temperature, Varvara photographs, Varvara detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Varvara webcams, current wind from Black Sea live weather stations and Varvara tide predictions. The Bulgaria swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Bulgaria and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Bulgaria wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Varvara.