Union Bay Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(United-States – Lake Superior)
Union Bay Spot ID:
Best: Swell NNE | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 3.1 °C
Saturday, 25 May 2013, 14:43 Local time
For Ship Sands Island, Nunavut, 819 miles from Union Bay.
At Ironwood Airport, 51 km from Union Bay.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:|| Select a surf spot from the menu
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Superior surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Union Bay
Visitor Reviews of Union Bay
Other Nearby Surf Breaks closest to Union Bay:(click location name for more details)
|Closest break||Ontonagon||16 mi|
|Second closest break||Apostle Islands||43 mi|
|Third closest break||Keweenaw Peninsula||81 mi|
|Fourth closest break||Stoney Point||101 mi|
|Fifth closest break||StonyPoint||112 mi|
Wave buoys nearest to Union Bay:
|Closest wave buoy||Slate Island Buoy||186 mi|
|Second closest wave buoy||Grand Traverse Bay Buoy||240 mi|
|Third closest wave buoy||North Huron Buoy||342 mi|
|Fourth closest wave buoy||South Huron Buoy||391 mi|
|Fifth closest wave buoy||Georgian Bay Buoy||423 mi|
Tide stations nearest to Union Bay:
|Closest tide station||Ship Sands Island||508 mi|
|Second closest tide station||Moosonee||510 mi|
|Third closest tide station||Revillon Wharf||510 mi|
|Fourth closest tide station||Nicholson Creek||513 mi|
|Fifth closest tide station||Sand Head||525 mi|
Ski Resorts closest to Union Bay:
|Closest ski area||Porcupine Mountain (United States)||20 mi|
|Second closest ski area||Indianhead Mountain (United States)||26 mi|
|Third closest ski area||Big Powderhorn Mountain (United States)||32 mi|
|Fourth closest ski area||Blackjack SA (United States)||35 mi|
|Fifth closest ski area||Mt Zion (United States)||36 mi|
Town and city forecasts close to Union Bay:
|Closest city location||Thunder Bay (Canada)||114 mi|
|Second closest city location||Duluth (United States)||117 mi|
|Third closest city location||Superior (United States)||117 mi|
|Fourth closest city location||Green Bay (United States)||177 mi|
|Fifth closest city location||Appleton (United States)||187 mi|
- The closest passenger airport to Union Bay is Sawyer International (Marquette) Airport (MQT) in USA, 161 km (100 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Union Bay is Thunder Bay Airport (YQT) in Canada, 173 km (107 miles) away.
- Third is Yalinga Airport (AIG) in Central African Rep., 190 km (118 miles) away.
- Duluth International Airport (DLH) in USA is 196 km (122 miles) away.
- Menominee Marinette Twin Co (Macon) Airport (MNM), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Union Bay and is 244 km (152 miles) away.