Umdloti Spot ID
Best: Swell SSE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.6 °C
Umdloti in Kwazulu-Natal is an exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf with no particular seasonal pattern. Works best in offshore winds from the west. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south southeast. The beach break offers mainly right hand waves. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Be warned that sharks have been sighted.
Overall Umdloti Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image describes the combination of swells directed at Umdloti over a normal July, ... (show all text)
The graph shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions thr... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Umdloti surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to KZN North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Umdloti
- The closest passenger airport to Umdloti is Virginia (Durban) Airport (VIR) in South Africa, 10 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Umdloti is Durban International Airport (DUR), also in South Africa, 34 km (21 miles) away.
- Third is Pietermaritzburg Airport (PZB) in South Africa, 69 km (43 miles) away.
- Richards Bay (Richard's Bay) Airport (RCB) in South Africa is 143 km (89 miles) away.
- Margate Airport (MGH), also in South Africa is the fifth nearest airport to Umdloti and is 149 km (93 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Umdloti, KZN North. Use the tab navigation above to view Umdloti sea temperature, Umdloti photographs, Umdloti detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Umdloti webcams, current wind from KZN North live weather stations and Umdloti tide predictions. The South Africa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Africa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Africa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Umdloti.