Tynemouth Longsands Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.6 °C
Tynemouth Longsands in North East Englandis a beach break that has inconsistent surf. Winter and spring are the favoured times of year to visit. Offshore winds are from the west southwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of .
Overall Tynemouth Longsands Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image describes the range of swells directed at Tynemouth Longsands through a typi... (show all text)
The graph shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tynemouth Longsands surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North East England surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tynemouth Longsands
Visitor Reviews of Tynemouth Longsands
“Looking for a surf buddy to go surfing at Tynemouth long sands beach! I am a 21 year old female. Any interest email me on annascott2341 and I am at gmail.com.”
Anna scott from UNITED KINGDOM - 07 Mar 2014
Tide stations nearest to Tynemouth Longsands:
- Closest tide stationNorth Shields1 mi
- Second closest tide stationTyne River Entrance1 mi
- Third closest tide stationJarrow3 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWhitburn6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBlyth7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Tynemouth Longsands:
- Closest ski areaCastleside22 mi
- Second closest ski areaAllenheads35 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club37 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common40 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss42 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Tynemouth Longsands:
- Closest city locationWhitley Bay2 mi
- Second closest city locationNorth Shields2 mi
- Third closest city locationSouth Shields2 mi
- Fourth closest city locationJarrow3 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWallsend5 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Tynemouth Longsands is Newcastle Airport (NCL) in England, 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tynemouth Longsands is Teesside Airport (MME), also in England, 57 km (35 miles) away.
- Third is Carlisle Airport (CAX) in England, 89 km (55 miles) away.
- Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) in England is 130 km (81 miles) away.
- Walney Island (Barrow Island) Airport (BWF), also in England is the fifth nearest airport to Tynemouth Longsands and is 154 km (96 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tynemouth Longsands, North East England. Use the tab navigation above to view Tynemouth Longsands sea temperature, Tynemouth Longsands photographs, Tynemouth Longsands detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tynemouth Longsands webcams, current wind from North East England live weather stations and Tynemouth Longsands tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tynemouth Longsands.