Tynemouth Longsands Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(North East England, UK)
Tynemouth Longsands Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 9.8 °C
Tynemouth Longsands in North East Englandis a beach break that has inconsistent surf. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. The best wind direction is from the west southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of .
Overall Tynemouth Longsands Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Tynemouth Longsands over a... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tynemouth Longsands surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North East England surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tynemouth Longsands
Visitor Reviews of Tynemouth Longsands
“Looking for a surf buddy to go surfing at Tynemouth long sands beach! I am a 21 year old female. Any interest email me on annascott2341 and I am at gmail.com.”
Anna scott from UNITED KINGDOM - 07 Mar 2014
Tide stations nearest to Tynemouth Longsands:
- Closest tide stationNorth Shields1 mi
- Second closest tide stationTyne River Entrance1 mi
- Third closest tide stationJarrow3 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWhitburn6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBlyth7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Tynemouth Longsands:
- Closest ski areaCastleside (United Kingdom)22 mi
- Second closest ski areaAllenheads (United Kingdom)35 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)37 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)40 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)42 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Tynemouth Longsands:
- Closest city locationWhitley Bay (United Kingdom)2 mi
- Second closest city locationNorth Shields (United Kingdom)2 mi
- Third closest city locationSouth Shields (United Kingdom)2 mi
- Fourth closest city locationJarrow (United Kingdom)3 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWallsend (United Kingdom)5 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Tynemouth Longsands is Newcastle Airport (NCL) in England, 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tynemouth Longsands is Teesside Airport (MME), also in England, 57 km (35 miles) away.
- Third is Carlisle Airport (CAX) in England, 89 km (55 miles) away.
- Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) in England is 130 km (81 miles) away.
- Walney Island (Barrow Island) Airport (BWF), also in England is the fifth nearest airport to Tynemouth Longsands and is 154 km (96 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tynemouth Longsands, North East England. Use the tab navigation above to view Tynemouth Longsands sea temperature, Tynemouth Longsands photographs, Tynemouth Longsands detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tynemouth Longsands webcams, current wind from North East England live weather stations and Tynemouth Longsands tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tynemouth Longsands.