TurtleIsland Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Banyak Islands, Indonesia)
TurtleIsland Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.9 °C
TurtleIsland in Banyak Islands is an exposed reef break that has very consistent waves. May-Oct (Dry Season) is the optimum time of year for waves. Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. A reef breaks left. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for rocks.
At TurtleIsland (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Gunung Sitoli-Binaka Airport, 84 km from TurtleIsland.
|light winds from the SW|
Thunderstorm but no precipitation falling at station
Overall TurtleIsland Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at TurtleIsland over a normal April... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single TurtleIsland surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Banyak Islands surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of TurtleIsland
Visitor Reviews of TurtleIsland
“Treasures is average at best after earthquake reef was lifted 2 meters and seldom breaks. When it does it has this backwash bowel that bounces in and out off reef. Bay of plenty is not so plenty with Kook running the Banyak lodge. He works with the local coast guard extorting money from private boats and charters. The right at the bay is a nice wave but not worth the cost and time to travel. Be careful up there. If you don't have the 2-300 $US to bribe the Authorities they will take your boat to town.”
mike from UNITED STATES - 23 May 2010
Tide stations nearest to TurtleIsland:
- Closest tide stationSinabang58 mi
- Second closest tide stationSibolga118 mi
- Third closest tide stationMeulaboh160 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPangkalan Brandan160 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTanjungtiram165 mi
Ski Resorts closest to TurtleIsland:
- Closest ski areaAuli (India)2282 mi
- Second closest ski areaKufri (India)2405 mi
- Third closest ski areaManali (Himachal Heli-Ski) (India)2459 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSolang Valley Ropeway & Ski Centre (India)2463 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGulmarg (India)2656 mi
Town and city forecasts close to TurtleIsland:
- Closest city locationSibolga (Indonesia)118 mi
- Second closest city locationKabanjahe (Indonesia)121 mi
- Third closest city locationBinjai (Indonesia)146 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPematangsiantar (Indonesia)148 mi
- Fifth closest city locationDeli Tua (Indonesia)150 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to TurtleIsland is Binaka (Gunung Sitoli) Airport (GNS) in Indonesia, which is 118 km (73 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to TurtleIsland is Polonia (Medan) Airport (MES), also in Indonesia, 244 km (152 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for TurtleIsland, Banyak Islands. Use the tab navigation above to view TurtleIsland sea temperature, TurtleIsland photographs, TurtleIsland detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, TurtleIsland webcams, current wind from Banyak Islands live weather stations and TurtleIsland tide predictions. The Indonesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Indonesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Indonesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around TurtleIsland.