Tullan Strand Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 8.1 °C
Tullan Strand in Donegal is an exposed beach break that has dependable surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the southeast. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell angle is from the west. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water.
Overall Tullan Strand Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
This picture describes the variation of swells directed at Tullan Strand over a normal ... (show all text)
The figure shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tullan Strand surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Donegal surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tullan Strand
Ski Resorts closest to Tullan Strand:
Town and city forecasts close to Tullan Strand:
- The closest passenger airport to Tullan Strand is Sligo Airport (SXL) in Ireland, 32 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tullan Strand is St Angelo (Enniskillen) Airport (ENK) in England, 42 km (26 miles) away.
- Third is Connaught Airport (NOC) in Ireland, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Londonderry Eglinton Airport (LDY) in North Ireland is 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Aldergrove (Belfast) Airport (BFS), also in North Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Tullan Strand and is 134 km (83 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tullan Strand, Donegal. Use the tab navigation above to view Tullan Strand sea temperature, Tullan Strand photographs, Tullan Strand detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tullan Strand webcams, current wind from Donegal live weather stations and Tullan Strand tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tullan Strand.