Triple S Pier Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.7 °C
Triple S Pier in North Carolina is an exposed beach/Jetty break that has reasonably consistent surf Offshore winds blow from the north northwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Watch out for urchins, rips, man-made danger (buoys etc...) and sharks.
Overall Triple S Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Triple S Pier over a normal Ju... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Triple S Pier surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Triple S Pier
Tide stations nearest to Triple S Pier:
- Closest tide stationAtlantic Beach1 mi
- Second closest tide stationTriple ESS Marina, Bogue Sd.1 mi
- Third closest tide stationFort Macon, USCG Station1 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMorehead City1 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTriple S Marina, Bogue Sd.1 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Triple S Pier:
- Closest ski areaWintergreen Resort252 mi
- Second closest ski areaMassanutten283 mi
- Third closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort284 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThe Homestead Ski Area287 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain298 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Triple S Pier:
- Closest city locationNew Bern35 mi
- Second closest city locationJacksonville42 mi
- Third closest city locationGreenville74 mi
- Fourth closest city locationWilmington75 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGoldsboro87 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Triple S Pier is Cherry Point Mcas Airport (NKT) in USA, 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Triple S Pier is Craven Co Rgnl (New Bern) Airport (EWN), also in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is New River Mcas (Jacksonville) Airport (NCA) in USA, 68 km (42 miles) away.
- Wilmington International Airport (ILM) in USA is 120 km (75 miles) away.
- Seymour Johnson Afb (Goldsboro) Airport (GSB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Triple S Pier and is 135 km (84 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Triple S Pier, Carolina North. Use the tab navigation above to view Triple S Pier sea temperature, Triple S Pier photographs, Triple S Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Triple S Pier webcams, current wind from Carolina North live weather stations and Triple S Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Triple S Pier.