Tramore Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.9 °C
Tramore in Waterford is a fairly exposed beach break that does not work very often with no particular seasonal pattern. The best wind direction is from the north. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up.
Overall Tramore Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Tramore through an average August, bas... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tramore surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Waterford surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tramore
Visitor Reviews of Tramore
“A great beach which can have all four seasons on one day. Surfing area at the end of the prom can be excellent for all grades of surfers”
gerry gilligan from IRELAND - 28 Aug 2012
Ski Resorts closest to Tramore:
- Closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)237 mi
- Second closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)245 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)265 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)267 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)270 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Tramore is Waterford Airport (WAT) in Ireland, 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tramore is Cork Airport (ORK), also in Ireland, 100 km (62 miles) away.
- Third is Shannon Airport (SNN) in Ireland, 136 km (84 miles) away.
- Dublin Airport (DUB) in Ireland is 152 km (94 miles) away.
- Kerry Airport (KIR), also in Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Tramore and is 163 km (101 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tramore, Waterford. Use the tab navigation above to view Tramore sea temperature, Tramore photographs, Tramore detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tramore webcams, current wind from Waterford live weather stations and Tramore tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tramore.