Tower Road Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell ENE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.5 °C
Tower Road in Delawareis a sandbar break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the west southwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the east northeast. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of - Rips / undertow.
For Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, 5 km from Tower Road.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Rehoboth Beach, 3 km from Tower Road.
At Delaware Bay Buoy, 25 miles from Tower Road.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||10||11||6||7|
Overall Tower Road Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This image shows the variation of swells directed at Tower Road through an average Nove... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tower Road surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Delaware surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tower Road
Tide stations nearest to Tower Road:
- Closest tide stationRehoboth Beach3 mi
- Second closest tide stationInlet (bridge)n River4 mi
- Third closest tide stationIndian River Inlet (USCG Station)5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBreakwater Harbor7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLewes, Fort Miles7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Tower Road:
- Closest ski areaSpring Mountain Ski Area (United States)114 mi
- Second closest ski areaBlue Marsh (United States)128 mi
- Third closest ski areaBear Creek Ski Area (United States)130 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSki Roundtop (United States)140 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Liberty (United States)144 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Tower Road:
- Closest city locationSalisbury (United States)36 mi
- Second closest city locationDover (United States)42 mi
- Third closest city locationMillville (United States)50 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBridgeton (United States)53 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSouth Vineland (United States)53 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tower Road, Delaware. Use the tab navigation above to view Tower Road sea temperature, Tower Road photographs, Tower Road detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tower Road webcams, current wind from Delaware live weather stations and Tower Road tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tower Road.