Tower Road Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell ENE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 5.6 °C
Tower Road in Delawareis a sandbar break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the west southwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the east northeast. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Beware of - Rips / undertow.
Overall Tower Road Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at Tower Road over a norm... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tower Road surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Delaware surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tower Road
- The closest passenger airport to Tower Road is Cape May Co (Wildwood) Airport (WWD) in USA, 39 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tower Road is Salisbury Ocean City Wicomico Rgnl Airport (SBY), also in USA, 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Dover Afb Airport (DOV) in USA, 61 km (38 miles) away.
- Millville Muni Airport (MIV) in USA is 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Wallops Flight Facility Airport (WAL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Tower Road and is 89 km (55 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tower Road, Delaware. Use the tab navigation above to view Tower Road sea temperature, Tower Road photographs, Tower Road detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tower Road webcams, current wind from Delaware live weather stations and Tower Road tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tower Road.