Tourmaline Spot ID
Photo credit: albena
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.9 °C
Tourmaline in San Diego County is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Beware of .
For Crown Point, Mission Bay, California, 4 km from Tourmaline.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At port Kennebunk wx, 1 km from Tourmaline.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 50 miles from Tourmaline.
|Data Age||7 hr||6 hr||5 hr||4 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||10||19||19||17|
Overall Tourmaline Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Tourmaline through an average Ma... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tourmaline surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tourmaline
- The closest passenger airport to Tourmaline is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN) in USA, 11 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tourmaline is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX), also in USA, 13 km (8 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 13 km (8 miles) away.
- General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico is 41 km (25 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Tourmaline and is 111 km (69 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tourmaline, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Tourmaline sea temperature, Tourmaline photographs, Tourmaline detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tourmaline webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Tourmaline tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tourmaline.