Tourmaline Spot ID
Photo credit: albena
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.4 °C
Tourmaline in San Diego County is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Beware of .
For Crown Point, Mission Bay, California, 4 km from Tourmaline.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At San Diego, 6 km from Tourmaline.
|light winds from the W|
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 50 miles from Tourmaline.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||17||16||16||19|
Overall Tourmaline Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture describes the combination of swells directed at Tourmaline through an aver... (show all text)
The figure shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ov... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tourmaline surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tourmaline
Tide stations nearest to Tourmaline:
- Closest tide stationCrown Point, Mission Bay2 mi
- Second closest tide stationQuivira Basin, Mission Bay4 mi
- Third closest tide stationLa Jolla, Scripps Pier4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSan Diego, Quarantine Station7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Diego9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Tourmaline:
- Closest ski areaSnow Valley98 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Baldy99 mi
- Third closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain101 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Summit101 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain106 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Tourmaline:
- Closest city locationSan Diego6 mi
- Second closest city locationNational City13 mi
- Third closest city locationLa Mesa14 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLemon Grove14 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEncinitas16 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Tourmaline is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN) in USA, 11 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tourmaline is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX), also in USA, 13 km (8 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 13 km (8 miles) away.
- General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico is 41 km (25 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Tourmaline and is 111 km (69 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tourmaline, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Tourmaline sea temperature, Tourmaline photographs, Tourmaline detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tourmaline webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Tourmaline tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tourmaline.