Torquay Point Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.3 °C
Torquay Point and Beach in Qeenscliff is a quite exposed reef and point break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the northwest. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Both left and right reef breaks Best around mid tide. Often Crowded. Hazards include rips and rocks.
Overall Torquay Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Torquay Point through an aver... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Torquay Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - Torquay surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Torquay Point
Visitor Reviews of Torquay Point
Tide stations nearest to Torquay Point:
- Closest tide stationLeopold13 mi
- Second closest tide stationGeelong14 mi
- Third closest tide stationPort Phillip Heads16 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationClifton Springs19 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLoutit Bay24 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Torquay Point:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)85 mi
- Second closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)103 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw (Australia)111 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear (Australia)114 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)142 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Torquay Point:
- Closest city locationGeelong (Australia)13 mi
- Second closest city locationGeelong West (Australia)14 mi
- Third closest city locationHoppers Crossing (Australia)37 mi
- Fourth closest city locationFrankston East (Australia)46 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMelton (Australia)47 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Torquay Point and Beach is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, 36 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Torquay Point and Beach is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW), also in Australia, 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Third is Melbourne Essendon Airport (MEB) in Australia, 85 km (53 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MEL) in Australia is 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Albury Airport (ABX), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Torquay Point and Beach and is 344 km (214 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Torquay Point, VIC - Torquay. Use the tab navigation above to view Torquay Point sea temperature, Torquay Point photographs, Torquay Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Torquay Point webcams, current wind from VIC - Torquay live weather stations and Torquay Point tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Torquay Point.