Torquay Point Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.8 °C
Torquay Point and Beach in Qeenscliff is a quite exposed reef and point break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the northwest. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Both left and right reef breaks Best around mid tide. Often Crowded. Hazards include rips and rocks.
Overall Torquay Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This image shows the range of swells directed at Torquay Point through an average Augus... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Torquay Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - Torquay surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Torquay Point
- The closest passenger airport to Torquay Point is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, 36 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Torquay Point is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW), also in Australia, 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Third is Melbourne Essendon Airport (MEB) in Australia, 85 km (53 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MEL) in Australia is 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Albury Airport (ABX), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Torquay Point and is 344 km (214 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Torquay Point, VIC - Torquay. Use the tab navigation above to view Torquay Point sea temperature, Torquay Point photographs, Torquay Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Torquay Point webcams, current wind from VIC - Torquay live weather stations and Torquay Point tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Torquay Point.