Tora-Bombora Spot ID
Photo credit: Louis Murphy-Harris
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.1 °C
Tora-Bombora in the Waiararpa is an exposed reef break that only works when conditions are just right. Summer in particular tends to be flat. The best wind direction is from the southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southeast. There is a left hand reef break. Best around high tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
Overall Tora-Bombora Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Tora-Bombora through an averag... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tora-Bombora surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Wairarapa surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tora-Bombora
- The closest passenger airport to Tora-Bombora is Masterton Airport (MRO) in New Zealand, 60 km (37 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tora-Bombora is Wellington International Airport (WLG), also in New Zealand, 64 km (40 miles) away.
- Third is Paraparaumu Airport (PPQ) in New Zealand, 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Palmerston North Airport (PMR) in New Zealand is 132 km (82 miles) away.
- Woodbourne Airport (BHE), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Tora-Bombora and is 139 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tora-Bombora, Wairarapa. Use the tab navigation above to view Tora-Bombora sea temperature, Tora-Bombora photographs, Tora-Bombora detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tora-Bombora webcams, current wind from Wairarapa live weather stations and Tora-Bombora tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tora-Bombora.