Topsail Island Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(North Carolina, USA)
Topsail Island Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.5 °C
Topsail Island in North Carolina is an exposed beach/Jetty break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the northwest. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell angle is from the southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Topsail Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The graph shows the combination of swells directed at Topsail Island through an average... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different d... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Topsail Island surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Topsail Island
Visitor Reviews of Topsail Island
“I just moved out here, and I have to say, this is a gorgeous beach. If you stay north, the sand fleas aren't too bad. And most of the time, they still aren't horrible. I love this beach. Don't bring an umbrella, it's too windy and you're going to fight with it, the umbrella will win, and you will soon take it down. Just remember, have fun, bring sunscreen for the kiddo's and stuff to drink and you'll have a great time.”
Katrice from UNITED STATES - 11 Aug 2011
Tide stations nearest to Topsail Island:
- Closest tide stationOcean City Beach (fishing pier)1 mi
- Second closest tide stationNew River Inlet11 mi
- Third closest tide stationNew Topsail Inlet11 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBannermans Branch, Northeast River18 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationOgden23 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Topsail Island:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)249 mi
- Second closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)250 mi
- Third closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)264 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSugar Mountain (United States)272 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHawksnest (United States)275 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Topsail Island:
- Closest city locationJacksonville (United States)21 mi
- Second closest city locationWilmington (United States)27 mi
- Third closest city locationGoldsboro (United States)70 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGreenville (United States)80 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWilson (United States)91 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Topsail Island is New River Mcas (Jacksonville) Airport (NCA) in USA, 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Topsail Island is Wilmington International Airport (ILM), also in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Third is Cherry Point Mcas Airport (NKT) in USA, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Craven Co Rgnl (New Bern) Airport (EWN) in USA is 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Seymour Johnson Afb (Goldsboro) Airport (GSB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Topsail Island and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Topsail Island, Carolina North. Use the tab navigation above to view Topsail Island sea temperature, Topsail Island photographs, Topsail Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Topsail Island webcams, current wind from Carolina North live weather stations and Topsail Island tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Topsail Island.