Tofino Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.7 °C
Tofino in Vancouver Island is a sheltered beach break that has fairly consistent surf Ideal winds are from the east northeast. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell direction is from the west. Waves at the beach break both left and right. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Watch out for dangerous rips.
For Tofino, British Columbia, 1 km from Tofino.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Tofino Airport, 13 km from Tofino.
Fog - in the vicinity
At La Perouse Bank Buoy, 22 miles from Tofino.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||12||12||13||14|
Overall Tofino Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The graph shows the combination of swells directed at Tofino through a typical October,... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different d... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tofino surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Vancouver Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tofino
Visitor Reviews of Tofino
“Weekly Tofino Surf Reports, Daily Surf Tweets may be found at GoTofino.com. Find surf accommodations there too. Found a great place, walk to the beach, for good price, last week.”
Adam S from CANADA - 06 Jul 2011
Tide stations nearest to Tofino:
- Closest tide stationTofino1 mi
- Second closest tide stationKennedy Cove11 mi
- Third closest tide stationRiley Cove21 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationUcluelet21 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationStopper Islands27 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Tofino:
- Closest ski areaMount Washington (Canada)49 mi
- Second closest ski areaMount Cain (Canada)77 mi
- Third closest ski areaCypress Mountain (Canada)122 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaGrouse Mountain (Canada)128 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Seymour (Canada)134 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Tofino:
- Closest city locationCourtenay (Canada)56 mi
- Second closest city locationCampbell River (Canada)67 mi
- Third closest city locationNanaimo (Canada)89 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNorth Cowichan (Canada)103 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRichmond (Canada)126 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Tofino is Tofino Airport (YAZ) in Canada, 13 km (8 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tofino is Comox Airport (YQQ), also in Canada, 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Third is Campbell River Airport (YBL) in Canada, 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Nanaimo Airport (YCD) in Canada is 149 km (93 miles) away.
- Victoria International Airport (YYJ), also in Canada is the fifth nearest airport to Tofino and is 190 km (118 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tofino, Vancouver Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Tofino sea temperature, Tofino photographs, Tofino detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tofino webcams, current wind from Vancouver Island live weather stations and Tofino tide predictions. The Canada swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Canada and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Canada wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tofino.