Tobay beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.9 °C
Tobay beach in Long Island New Yorkis a sandbar break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the north northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south southeast. Surfable at all stages of the tide. Crowds are never a problem here.
For Gilgo Heading, Long Island, New York, 3 km from Tobay beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Wantagh, 9 km from Tobay beach.
|light winds from the SW|
At New York Harbour Buoy, 22 miles from Tobay beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||6||8||6|
Overall Tobay beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph shows the combination of swells directed at Tobay beach through a typical Jun... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different d... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tobay beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tobay beach
Tide stations nearest to Tobay beach:
- Closest tide stationGilgo Heading, Long Island2 mi
- Second closest tide stationAmityville, Long Island3 mi
- Third closest tide stationGreen Island, Long Island4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBiltmore Shores, South Oyster Bay, Long Island4 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCuba Island, Long Island5 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Tobay beach:
- Closest ski areaTuxedo Ridge Ski Center48 mi
- Second closest ski areaCampgaw Mountain51 mi
- Third closest ski areaSterling Forest Ski Center61 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThunder Ridge62 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Peter Ski Area67 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Tobay beach:
- Closest city locationLindenhurst6 mi
- Second closest city locationFreeport9 mi
- Third closest city locationWest Babylon9 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLevittown9 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWest Islip9 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Tobay beach is John F Kennedy International (New York) Airport (JFK) in USA, 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tobay beach is Long Island Mac Arthur (Islip) Airport (ISP), also in USA, 35 km (22 miles) away.
- Third is La Guardia (New York) Airport (LGA) in USA, 42 km (26 miles) away.
- Westchester Co (White Plains) Airport (HPN) in USA is 56 km (35 miles) away.
- Teterboro Airport (TEB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Tobay beach and is 60 km (37 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tobay beach, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view Tobay beach sea temperature, Tobay beach photographs, Tobay beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tobay beach webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and Tobay beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tobay beach.