Titiana Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.1 °C
Titiana in New Georgia is an exposed reef break that has very consistent surf. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the north northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. A left hand reef. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Hazards include coral.
Overall Titiana Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture describes the variation of swells directed at Titiana through an average J... (show all text)
The figure shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Titiana surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to New Georgia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Titiana
Visitor Reviews of Titiana
“This spot is one place that many local fishermen a aware of because the waves are huge and monsterious. It is also the closest surf sport to Gizo Town. Either you go by transport which currently cost one-way SBD $5.00 or by TAXI SBD $50.00. There is always other options to get there... by boat...or take a walk either through the coast around the island or the main road which runs across the island. In Gizo, especially in Titiana, surfing is a sport many children admire. Don't be surprised if you go alone and the next 20 minutes you got company of kids surfing nearby with only half timbers, or a surf board made of sako-palm trunk. There's a local boy from the village who had been surfing this area for quite a while. His name is Tauni, about 18yrs old. Just like other kids in the village, he's freindly and always loves to make new friends.”
Tamisia Laxton Teiona from SOLOMON ISLANDS - 21 Apr 2013
Tide stations nearest to Titiana:
- Closest tide stationGizo Anchorage2 mi
- Second closest tide stationBlackett Strait22 mi
- Third closest tide stationNususonga32 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLolomo Passage60 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationKaturasele63 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Titiana:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields (Australia)1993 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher (Australia)2027 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass (Australia)2030 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo (Australia)2035 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buffalo (Australia)2076 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Titiana:
- Closest city locationArawa (Papua New Guinea)157 mi
- Second closest city locationHoniara234 mi
- Third closest city locationKokopo (Papua New Guinea)406 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPopondetta (Papua New Guinea)589 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPort Moresby (Papua New Guinea)668 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Titiana is Port Moresby Jacksons International Airport (POM) in Papua New Guinea, which is 1065 km (661 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Titiana is Nadzab Airport (LAE), also in Papua New Guinea, 1126 km (699 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Titiana, New Georgia. Use the tab navigation above to view Titiana sea temperature, Titiana photographs, Titiana detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Titiana webcams, current wind from New Georgia live weather stations and Titiana tide predictions. The Solomon Islands swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Solomon Islands and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Solomon Islands wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Titiana.