Tholos Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell N | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.4 °C
Tholos in Crete is a fairly exposed beach break. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. Ideal winds are from the south southwest with some shelter here from west winds. Handles onshore winds better than most spots Windswells provide any waves and the optimum wave angle is from the north. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when the surf is up, crowds are unknown. Rocks are a hazard.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Crete surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tholos
- The closest passenger airport to Tholos is Sitia Airport (JSH) in Greece, 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Tholos is Nikos Kazantzakis (Heraklion) Airport (HER), also in Greece, 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Third is Kasos Airport (KSJ) in Greece, 100 km (62 miles) away.
- Karpathos Airport (AOK) in Greece is 120 km (75 miles) away.
- Santorini Airport (JTR), also in Greece is the fifth nearest airport to Tholos and is 143 km (89 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tholos, Crete. Use the tab navigation above to view Tholos sea temperature, Tholos photographs, Tholos detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tholos webcams, current wind from Crete live weather stations and Tholos tide predictions. The Greece swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Greece and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Greece wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tholos.