Thicklip Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.5 °C
Thicklip in Swakopmund is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the east. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west southwest. A left hand reef. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of rocks, sharks,seals.
Overall Thicklip Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Thicklip through an average Nove... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Thicklip surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Swakopmund surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Thicklip
Tide stations nearest to Thicklip:
- Closest tide stationWalvis Bay19 mi
- Second closest tide stationLuderitz Bay278 mi
- Third closest tide stationMocamedes539 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBenguela701 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLobito717 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Thicklip:
- Closest ski areaMatroosberg (South Africa)804 mi
- Second closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)979 mi
- Third closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)994 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaOukaimeden (Morocco)4012 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)4089 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Thicklip:
- Closest city locationSwakopmund (Namibia)1 mi
- Second closest city locationWalvis Bay (Namibia)20 mi
- Third closest city locationWindhoek (Namibia)165 mi
- Fourth closest city locationOshakati (Namibia)346 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRundu (Namibia)472 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Thicklip is Ngiva (N'giva) Airport (NGV) in Angola, which is 637 km (396 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Thicklip is Xangongo Airport (XGN), also in Angola, 659 km (409 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Thicklip, Swakopmund. Use the tab navigation above to view Thicklip sea temperature, Thicklip photographs, Thicklip detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Thicklip webcams, current wind from Swakopmund live weather stations and Thicklip tide predictions. The Namibia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Namibia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Namibia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Thicklip.