The Womb Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.9 °C
The Womb in the Margarets River Area is an exposed reef break that is often working The best wind direction is from the east. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west southwest. There is a left hand reef break. Often Crowded. Hazards include rips, rocks, sharks and isolation.
Overall The Womb Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at The Womb through a typical Sep... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Womb surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to WA - Margaret River surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Womb
Visitor Reviews of The Womb
“In 1986 my boyfriend who I was pregnant to named The Womb from a picture of a fetus in a barrel.”
jacqui Taylor from AUSTRALIA - 07 Aug 2010
Tide stations nearest to The Womb:
- Closest tide stationCowaramup5 mi
- Second closest tide stationHamelin Bay17 mi
- Third closest tide stationBusselton29 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationFlinders Bay29 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBunbury58 mi
Ski Resorts closest to The Womb:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)1732 mi
- Second closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)1743 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw (Australia)1764 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear (Australia)1767 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)1775 mi
Town and city forecasts close to The Womb:
- Closest city locationBunbury (Australia)55 mi
- Second closest city locationMandurah (Australia)107 mi
- Third closest city locationRockingham (Australia)122 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKwinana (Australia)125 mi
- Fifth closest city locationArmadale (Australia)137 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to The Womb is Perth Jandakot Airport (JAD) in Australia, which is 221 km (137 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to The Womb is Perth International Airport (PER), also in Australia, 240 km (149 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Womb, WA - Margaret River. Use the tab navigation above to view The Womb sea temperature, The Womb photographs, The Womb detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Womb webcams, current wind from WA - Margaret River live weather stations and The Womb tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Womb.