The Well Spot ID
Photo credit: ben brady
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.0 °C
The Well in Far West Coast is an exposed reef break that has reasonably consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds blow from the north northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south. A right hand reef break. Sometimes crowded. Beware of rips, rocks and sharks.
Overall The Well Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at The Well through a typical A... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Well surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - Far West surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Well
Tide stations nearest to The Well:
- Closest tide stationPort Campbell7 mi
- Second closest tide stationWarrnambool15 mi
- Third closest tide stationWarrnambool26 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationApollo Bay44 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLoutit Bay60 mi
Ski Resorts closest to The Well:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)164 mi
- Second closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)181 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw (Australia)192 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear (Australia)195 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)219 mi
Town and city forecasts close to The Well:
- Closest city locationWarrnambool (Australia)26 mi
- Second closest city locationGeelong (Australia)89 mi
- Third closest city locationBallarat (Australia)92 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHoppers Crossing (Australia)111 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMelton (Australia)113 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to The Well is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, which is 153 km (95 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to The Well is Melbourne International Airport (MEL), also in Australia, 201 km (125 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Well, VIC - Far West. Use the tab navigation above to view The Well sea temperature, The Well photographs, The Well detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Well webcams, current wind from VIC - Far West live weather stations and The Well tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Well.