The Spit Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Gold Coast, Australia)
The Spit Spot ID
Best: Swell E | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.7 °C
The Spit on the Gold Coast is an exposed river break that has consistent surf Works best in offshore winds from the northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the east. The river breaks consists of lefts. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Often Crowded. Take care of sharks, rips, rocks and obstacles.
Overall The Spit Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at The Spit over a normal May and ... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Spit surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to QLD - Gold Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Spit
Visitor Reviews of The Spit
Tide stations nearest to The Spit:
- Closest tide stationGold Coast Seaway1 mi
- Second closest tide stationRunaway Bay2 mi
- Third closest tide stationGold Coast4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationNerang River (Bundall)4 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationVarsity Lakes11 mi
Ski Resorts closest to The Spit:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields (Australia)623 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher (Australia)654 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass (Australia)658 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo (Australia)663 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaFalls Creek (Australia)714 mi
Town and city forecasts close to The Spit:
- Closest city locationGold Coast (Australia)4 mi
- Second closest city locationBanora Point (Australia)21 mi
- Third closest city locationLogan City (Australia)28 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBrisbane (Australia)40 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSouth Brisbane (Australia)40 mi
- The closest passenger airport to The Spit is Gold Coast Coolangatta Airport (OOL) in Australia, which is 27 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to The Spit is Brisbane International Airport (BNE), also in Australia, 69 km (43 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Maroochydore Sunshine Coast Airport (MCY), also in Australia, 152 km (94 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Spit, QLD - Gold Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view The Spit sea temperature, The Spit photographs, The Spit detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Spit webcams, current wind from QLD - Gold Coast live weather stations and The Spit tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Spit.