The Rivermouth Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell SSW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.8 °C
The Rivermouth in Santa Cruz is a sheltered beach break. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the north. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the northwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Best around low tide. It's often crowded here. Hazards include rocks, obstacles, pollution, rips.
At Santa Cruz, California (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Santa Cruz, 4 km from The Rivermouth.
At Monterey Buoy, 24 miles from The Rivermouth.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||15||16||15|
Overall The Rivermouth Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This image describes the combination of swells directed at The Rivermouth through a typ... (show all text)
The graph shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions thr... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Rivermouth surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Santa Cruz surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Rivermouth
Tide stations nearest to The Rivermouth:
- Closest tide stationSanta Cruz0 mi
- Second closest tide stationLive Oak2 mi
- Third closest tide stationAptos6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationRio Del Mar6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationElkhorn Slough railroad bridge16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to The Rivermouth:
- Closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area (United States)138 mi
- Second closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)141 mi
- Third closest ski areaBear Valley (United States)151 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaChina Peak Mountain Resort (United States)158 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaKirkwood (United States)160 mi
Town and city forecasts close to The Rivermouth:
- Closest city locationSanta Cruz (United States)1 mi
- Second closest city locationWatsonville (United States)15 mi
- Third closest city locationLos Gatos (United States)18 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSaratoga (United States)21 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCampbell (United States)22 mi
- The closest passenger airport to The Rivermouth is Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) in USA, 45 km (28 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to The Rivermouth is Moffett Federal Afld (Mountain View) Airport (NUQ), also in USA, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK) in USA is 86 km (53 miles) away.
- Modesto City Co Harry Sham Airport (MOD), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to The Rivermouth and is 119 km (74 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Rivermouth, CAL - Santa Cruz. Use the tab navigation above to view The Rivermouth sea temperature, The Rivermouth photographs, The Rivermouth detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Rivermouth webcams, current wind from CAL - Santa Cruz live weather stations and The Rivermouth tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Rivermouth.