The Reef Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.0 °C
The Reef in - is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf Ideal winds are from the north northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south southwest. There is a right hand reef break. Best around low tide when the tide is rising. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Take care of coral,rocks,sea eggs.
For Great Sound, Ireland Island, Bermuda, 8 km from The Reef.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Bermuda Naval Air Station Airport, 11 km from The Reef.
|strong winds from the W|
Dry and partly cloudy
Overall The Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image describes the range of swells directed at The Reef over a normal July and is... (show all text)
The graph shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bermuda surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Reef
Visitor Reviews of The Reef
Tide stations nearest to The Reef:
- Closest tide stationGreat Sound Island5 mi
- Second closest tide stationFerry Reach (Biological Station) Islands6 mi
- Third closest tide stationBermuda Esso Pier, Saint Georges7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationFundy (Offshore 23)582 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationFundy (Offshore 4)596 mi
Ski Resorts closest to The Reef:
- Closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)739 mi
- Second closest ski areaBlue Hills (United States)769 mi
- Third closest ski areaPowder Ridge (United States)773 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Southington Ski Area (United States)784 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Ward Ski Area (United States)789 mi
Town and city forecasts close to The Reef:
- Closest city locationVirginia Beach (United States)712 mi
- Second closest city locationFalmouth (United States)717 mi
- Third closest city locationYarmouth (United States)717 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBarnstable (United States)718 mi
- Fifth closest city locationDennis (United States)718 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to The Reef is Nantucket Mem Airport (ACK) in USA, which is 1103 km (685 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to The Reef is Elizabeth City Cgas Rgnl Airport (ECG), also in USA, 1138 km (707 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Reef, Bermuda. Use the tab navigation above to view The Reef sea temperature, The Reef photographs, The Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Reef webcams, current wind from Bermuda live weather stations and The Reef tide predictions. The Bermuda swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Bermuda and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Bermuda wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Reef.