The Point Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.5 °C
The Point in Western-Sahara - Coast is an exposed point break that has very consistent surf. Offshore winds blow from the southeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. An unrowded break, even when it is working. Beware of - Rocks.
Overall The Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at The Point over a normal August a... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Point
Visitor Reviews of The Point
Tide stations nearest to The Point:
- Closest tide stationDakhla33 mi
- Second closest tide stationVilla Cisneros53 mi
- Third closest tide stationCap Boujdour157 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationNouadhibou, Mauritania237 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPlaya del Ingles255 mi
Ski Resorts closest to The Point:
- Closest ski areaOukaimeden (Morocco)681 mi
- Second closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)904 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra Nevada (Spain)1155 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)1222 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)1264 mi
Town and city forecasts close to The Point:
- Closest city locationDakhla (Western Sahara)33 mi
- Second closest city locationNouadhibou (Mauritania)241 mi
- Third closest city locationEl Aaiun (Western Sahara)259 mi
- Fourth closest city locationAguimes (Spain)265 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSanta Lucia (Spain)265 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to The Point is Nouadhibou Airport (NDB) in Mauritania, which is 380 km (236 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to The Point is Gran Canaria Airport (LPA) in Canary Islands, 430 km (267 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Point, Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view The Point sea temperature, The Point photographs, The Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Point webcams, current wind from Coast live weather stations and The Point tide predictions. The Western Sahara swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Western Sahara and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Western Sahara wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Point.