The Point Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(North Carolina, USA)
The Point Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.3 °C
The Point in North Carolina is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf The best wind direction is from the northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south. The beach break favours left handers. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Take care of the strong rips here.
Overall The Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart shows the range of swells directed at The Point through an average May and i... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Point
Visitor Reviews of The Point
Tide stations nearest to The Point:
- Closest tide stationBogue Inlet1 mi
- Second closest tide stationNew River Inlet16 mi
- Third closest tide stationSpooner Creek18 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCoral Bay, Atlantic Beach19 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationN.C. State Fisheries21 mi
Ski Resorts closest to The Point:
- Closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)245 mi
- Second closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)264 mi
- Third closest ski areaThe Homestead Ski Area (United States)277 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)278 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMassanutten (United States)278 mi
Town and city forecasts close to The Point:
- Closest city locationJacksonville (United States)21 mi
- Second closest city locationWilmington (United States)52 mi
- Third closest city locationGreenville (United States)69 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGoldsboro (United States)72 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWilson (United States)88 mi
- The closest passenger airport to The Point is New River Mcas (Jacksonville) Airport (NCA) in USA, 32 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to The Point is Cherry Point Mcas Airport (NKT), also in USA, 35 km (22 miles) away.
- Third is Craven Co Rgnl (New Bern) Airport (EWN) in USA, 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Wilmington International Airport (ILM) in USA is 84 km (52 miles) away.
- Seymour Johnson Afb (Goldsboro) Airport (GSB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to The Point and is 110 km (68 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Point, Carolina North. Use the tab navigation above to view The Point sea temperature, The Point photographs, The Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Point webcams, current wind from Carolina North live weather stations and The Point tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Point.