The Pier Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.6 °C
The Pier in South Carolina is an exposed beach/Pier break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the northeast. The beach break offers mainly right hand waves. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Beware of rips, rocks, locals and pollution.
For Crab Haul Creek, Oyster Landing, South Carolina, 3 km from The Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At DeBordieu Colony Georgetown wx, 2 km from The Pier.
|light winds from the SW|
At Edisto Buoy, 59 miles from The Pier.
|Data Age||7 hr||6 hr||5 hr||4 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||11||11||10||10|
Overall The Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at The Pier over a normal March an... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Pier surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Pier
Tide stations nearest to The Pier:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station3 mi
- Third closest tide station4 mi
- Fourth closest tide station6 mi
- Fifth closest tide station6 mi
- The closest passenger airport to The Pier is Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) in USA, 42 km (26 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to The Pier is Charleston Afb International Airport (CHS), also in USA, 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Third is Santee Cooper Rgnl (Plymouth) Airport (MNI) in Montserrat Island, 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Florence Rgnl Airport (FLO) in USA is 106 km (66 miles) away.
- Shaw Afb (Sumter) Airport (SSC), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to The Pier and is 140 km (87 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Pier, Carolina South. Use the tab navigation above to view The Pier sea temperature, The Pier photographs, The Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Pier webcams, current wind from Carolina South live weather stations and The Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Pier.