The Peak Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 8.1 °C
The Peak in Donegal is an exposed reef break that has quite consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the southeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west. Reef breaks provide lefts and rights. Best around low tide. Sometimes crowded.
Overall The Peak Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
The graph shows the variation of swells directed at The Peak through a typical March, b... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Peak surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Donegal surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Peak
Ski Resorts closest to The Peak:
Town and city forecasts close to The Peak:
- The closest passenger airport to The Peak is Sligo Airport (SXL) in Ireland, 32 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to The Peak is St Angelo (Enniskillen) Airport (ENK) in England, 42 km (26 miles) away.
- Third is Connaught Airport (NOC) in Ireland, 74 km (46 miles) away.
- Londonderry Eglinton Airport (LDY) in North Ireland is 94 km (58 miles) away.
- Aldergrove (Belfast) Airport (BFS), also in North Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to The Peak and is 134 km (83 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Peak, Donegal. Use the tab navigation above to view The Peak sea temperature, The Peak photographs, The Peak detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Peak webcams, current wind from Donegal live weather stations and The Peak tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Peak.