The Lagoons Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Humboldt County, USA)
The Lagoons Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 8.2 °C
The Lagoons in Humboldt is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf Offshore winds blow from the east. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Best around low tide. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Beware of and rips.
For Redwood Creek, 4 km from The Lagoons.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Trinidad, 23 km from The Lagoons.
At Eel River Buoy, 43 miles from The Lagoons.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||9||9||8|
Overall The Lagoons Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at The Lagoons through a typica... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Lagoons surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Humboldt surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Lagoons
Visitor Reviews of The Lagoons
Tide stations nearest to The Lagoons:
- Closest tide stationTrinidad Harbor14 mi
- Second closest tide stationMcKinleyville22 mi
- Third closest tide stationMad River Slough, Arcata Bay, Humboldt Bay27 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationArcata Wharf, Humboldt Bay29 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSamoa, Humboldt Bay30 mi
Ski Resorts closest to The Lagoons:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)93 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)101 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)162 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaCoppervale (United States)189 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWillamette Pass (United States)193 mi
Town and city forecasts close to The Lagoons:
- Closest city locationEureka (United States)32 mi
- Second closest city locationGrants Pass (United States)91 mi
- Third closest city locationMedford (United States)97 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRedding (United States)101 mi
- Fifth closest city locationChico (United States)159 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to The Lagoons is Chico Muni Airport (CIC) in USA, which is 250 km (155 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to The Lagoons is Beale Afb (Marysville) Airport (BAB), also in USA, 327 km (203 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Lagoons, CAL - Humboldt. Use the tab navigation above to view The Lagoons sea temperature, The Lagoons photographs, The Lagoons detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Lagoons webcams, current wind from CAL - Humboldt live weather stations and The Lagoons tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Lagoons.