The Knap Spot ID
Photo credit: kelvin
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell SW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.2 °C
The Knap in The Vale of Glamorgan is a very sheltered beach break. Autumn and winter are the optimum times of year for waves. The best wind direction is from the north northeast and there is no shelter here from cross shore breezes. Usually gets local windswells, but groundswells do happen and the ideal wave angle is from the southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Water quality is rather poor here.
Overall The Knap Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph shows the variation of swells directed at The Knap through a typical June and... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Knap surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Wales - South East surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Knap
Tide stations nearest to The Knap:
- Closest tide stationBarry1 mi
- Second closest tide stationCardiff7 mi
- Third closest tide stationLlantwit Major8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHinkley Point14 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWeston-super-Mare15 mi
Ski Resorts closest to The Knap:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre175 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise219 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club232 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common234 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss234 mi
Town and city forecasts close to The Knap:
- Closest city locationBarry1 mi
- Second closest city locationCardiff8 mi
- Third closest city locationCaerphilly14 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCoity14 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPontypridd15 mi
- The closest passenger airport to The Knap is Cardiff Airport (CWL) in Wales, 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to The Knap is Bristol Airport (BRS) in England, 40 km (25 miles) away.
- Third is Bristol Filton Airport (FZO) in England, 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales is 58 km (36 miles) away.
- Yeovilton Airport (YEO) in U.k. is the fifth nearest airport to The Knap and is 62 km (39 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Knap, Wales - South East. Use the tab navigation above to view The Knap sea temperature, The Knap photographs, The Knap detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Knap webcams, current wind from Wales - South East live weather stations and The Knap tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Knap.