The Inlet and Pier Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 5.0 °C
The Inlet and Pier in Maryland is an exposed beach/Jetty break that has very consistent waves and works all around the year. Works best in offshore winds from the west with some shelter here from south winds. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Likely to be crowded if working. Take care of the strong rips here.
Overall The Inlet and Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The figure describes the range of swells directed at The Inlet and Pier over a normal F... (show all text)
This chart shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Inlet and Pier surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Maryland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Inlet and Pier
- The closest passenger airport to The Inlet and Pier is Salisbury Ocean City Wicomico Rgnl Airport (SBY) in USA, 37 km (23 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to The Inlet and Pier is Wallops Flight Facility Airport (WAL), also in USA, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Cape May Co (Wildwood) Airport (WWD) in USA, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Dover Afb Airport (DOV) in USA is 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Millville Muni Airport (MIV), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to The Inlet and Pier and is 116 km (72 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Inlet and Pier, Maryland. Use the tab navigation above to view The Inlet and Pier sea temperature, The Inlet and Pier photographs, The Inlet and Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Inlet and Pier webcams, current wind from Maryland live weather stations and The Inlet and Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Inlet and Pier.