The Gare Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell E | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.1 °C
The Gare in North East England is a very sheltered point break. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Ideal winds are from the southwest. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell angle is from the east.The break here is a left hand point. Hazards include pollution,groynes.
Overall The Gare Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This image illustrates the range of swells directed at The Gare over a normal August, b... (show all text)
The graph describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single The Gare surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North East England surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of The Gare
- The closest passenger airport to The Gare is Teesside Airport (MME) in England, 23 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to The Gare is Newcastle Airport (NCL), also in England, 57 km (35 miles) away.
- Third is Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) in England, 91 km (57 miles) away.
- Carlisle Airport (CAX) in England is 112 km (70 miles) away.
- Humberside Airport (HUY), also in England is the fifth nearest airport to The Gare and is 128 km (80 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for The Gare, North East England. Use the tab navigation above to view The Gare sea temperature, The Gare photographs, The Gare detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, The Gare webcams, current wind from North East England live weather stations and The Gare tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around The Gare.